- 1 How To Choose The Best Baby Bouncer For Your Baby
- 2 What is a baby bouncer?
- 3 Reviews of the Best Baby Bouncers
- 3.1 4Moms MamaRoo Motion Bouncer
- 3.2 BabyBjorn Bouncer Balance Soft
- 3.3 Bright Starts’ Bouncer
- 3.4 Disney Baby Finding Nemo See & Swim Bouncer
- 3.5 Fisher Price Comfort Curve Bouncer
- 3.6 Fisher Price Deluxe Bouncer
- 3.7 Fisher Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker
- 3.8 Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper
- 3.9 Ingenuity SmartBounce Automatic Ridgedale Bouncer
- 3.10 Tiny Love Gymini Bouncer
- 4 What makes a good bouncer for baby?
- 5 Types of Baby Bouncers
How To Choose The Best Baby Bouncer For Your Baby
As a new parent, it is a very daunting task to carry out any household chores while either holding your baby calmly in your hands, trying to stop them from crying, or even lulling them to sleep.
So, what do you do to address this situation?
How do you stay in control of your physically active baby who just does not want to keep their legs motionless?
Over the years, numerous baby care accessories have emerged, and one such tool that can assist you in this undertaking is the baby bouncer.
What is a baby bouncer?
It can be described as an accessory that gently bounces or vibrates your baby, and is either battery- or motion-powered.
The best baby bouncer consists of a sturdy frame with a padded seat that enables your baby to recline cozily, whether at rest or during playtime.
Baby bouncers are designed to bounce gently in response to the movement of your baby’s arms and legs.
While a cheap baby bouncer will provide you the essential capability of bouncing your baby in a fixed position, the more expensive ones, such as the Fisher Price baby bouncer, will allow you to recline your baby in different positions.
The baby can feed, play, and nap while in the bouncer.
This wide range of versatility allows you to achieve the most returns from the money you have spent.
It is also important to remember that a good bouncer for baby care will put you in a position to closely monitor your child as you go about your duties.
This is the reason why most baby bouncers and swings are portable.
Aside from infant bouncers, there are also swings and rockers that can be used to keep your baby occupied.
A baby swing chair is used to soothe babies to sleep using either a side to side, or back and forth motion.
On the other hand, a baby rocking chair puts your baby to sleep using gentle vibrations or rocking.
Nonetheless, all of these accessories are constructed for infants and toddlers who have not yet learned how to sit up unassisted.
Reviews of the Best Baby Bouncers
There are various baby bouncers available, each with their own unique features and capabilities.
For this reason, it’s important to know what exactly your baby requires, and their preferences.
This will allow you to go for the alternative that offers you the most efficiency in terms of its applications, and your finances.
Due to the presence of online customer reviews, it has become a lot easier for you to achieve this fete.
4Moms MamaRoo Motion Bouncer
This is not exactly a bay bouncer, but comes in highly recommended for parents who want numerous engagement features for their babies.
It mimics the five favorite motions of a baby such as a car ride, kangaroo bounce, gentle rocking, tree swinging, and ocean floating.
- Provides ergonomic support in the form of an adequately padded seat
- In addition to the inbuilt sounds, this bouncer also allows you to play music from your iPod.
- There are reliability issues and noise arising from the many moving parts within the bouncer. This makes it unsuitable for use in newborns.
- Because it does not use batteries, it is not portable and requires placement near a power outlet.
BabyBjorn Bouncer Balance Soft
It features an elegant and ergonomic design that provides your baby with comfortable and tight-fitting back and neck support.
It is the ideal infant bouncer seat with regards to portability and versatility.
- The simple design does not make it stand out and allows it to be a permanent part of your living room.
- It has a sturdy frame that increases its durability.
- It has four different reclining positions that allow it to easily adjust to the various stages of your baby’s development.
- The fabric it is designed from gets dirty very quickly in comparison to other bouncers and is quite challenging to wash.
- It has dull colors and therefore does not possess the appearance of standard baby gear.
Bright Starts’ Bouncer
It has the appearance of traditional baby accessories with vibrant colors and entertaining characters for your baby.
The balanced mix of its interactive toy bar, calming vibrations, and adjustability makes it the perfect newborn bouncer for reflux.
- It has a simple design that is suitable for parents who fear that their babies will be overstimulated.
- The deep-pocket seat promotes proper sleeping patterns in small children.
- Some parents feel that the toys do not provide sufficient stimulation as compared to other bouncers.
Disney Baby Finding Nemo See & Swim Bouncer
This bouncer features toys from the movie “Finding Nemo” and gives your baby the perfect underwater experience.
- The toys are removable and therefore, allow your child to enjoy playing with them even when not on the bouncer.
- The mirror under Mr. Ray is baby-safe, so it possesses no risk to your child.
- It has non-skid legs to keep your baby safe and secure.
- The biggest downfall is that there is a high probability of the toy bar falling on and injuring your baby.
Fisher Price Comfort Curve Bouncer
The Fisher Price bouncer gives your baby ultimate enjoyment through a snug-fitting and comfortable seat. It also comes with a significant number of toy-based activities.
- It has a small surface area that makes it very portable and does not take up a lot of space.
- The curved seat allows for sufficient back support that is essential for the development of your baby.
- The toy bar is considered too high for some infants, and this brings about the rapid loss of interest and increased irritability.
- The design of the base interferes with the playtime of larger infants because they kick it. This signifies that it can be outgrown faster than expected.
Fisher Price Deluxe Bouncer
It is designed with soft fabric, stimulating toys, and a comfortable safety harness that offers interactive style to the bouncer.
- It has a reasonable number of tools and toys that will keep your baby adequately engaged without bringing about overstimulation.
- The wide base takes up more room than expected making it difficult to keep it out of the way when it is not being used.
Fisher Price Infant-to-Toddler Rocker
This is a great infant bouncer rocker that can be used as a rocking chair the more your child grows.
As the best toddler rocking chair, it is lightweight, portable, and easily adaptable.
- It has a removable toy bar that makes it simple for you to easily remove or settle your baby into the bouncer.
- The music system has a very short playtime and has a loud vibrating unit that makes it unsuitable for smaller children and infants.
Graco Doorway Bumper Jumper
This is a type of baby door bouncer that can be installed in any doorway using a mark-free clamp.
It has an inbuilt toy tray and adjustable straps that allow your child to exercise their developing leg muscles fully.
As the best baby jumper, the Graco jumper also doubles up as the best infant bouncer for colic because it offers upright support.
- The long non-twist straps allow you to put in and remove your baby with ease.
- The no-mark clamp enables easy transference of the baby jumper from room to room, as well as increased portability from house to house.
- The straps can be modified to be longer, but cannot be adjusted to fit shorter doorways, or to accommodate the height of taller toddlers.
- To us this bouncer jumper, your baby must be able to support their head on their own fully.
Ingenuity SmartBounce Automatic Ridgedale Bouncer
This is one of the few battery-powered automated baby bouncers.
You will be able to select from two specific bouncing speeds depending on your baby’s preference.
It uses less power because it utilizes exclusive HybriDrive swinging technology.
- The automated system allows for controlled self-bouncing that shuts itself off after 30 minutes of use.
- The use of batteries to power the bouncer increases the portability of this bouncer.
- Its overhead toy rail is not very secure and risks falling on your baby.
- As your baby grows and develops, the bounce of this tool gets weaker.
Tiny Love Gymini Bouncer
The bouncer is superb for soothing frayed nerves and bringing about calmness in your baby.
It has the physical and aesthetic attributes that make it easily identifiable as baby gear.
- Its comfortable and soft fabric makes it suitable for babies struggling with sleep.
- It has various accessories that will keep your baby occupied for extended periods of time.
- In comparison to other bouncers in the market, this one is much harder to assemble.
- Since it uses batteries, you have to be vigilant to switch it on and off. Failure to this will lead to the consumption of many battery packs.
What makes a good bouncer for baby?
- Adjustability and portability
This means that your baby’s bouncer should offer adequate levels of portability and adjustable positioning.
It should enable you to fold it sufficiently for travel or storage, as well as to serve several purposes.
The more adjustable the bouncer is in terms of reclining position, the more portable and versatile it will be.
Also, multiple seating positions make it suitable for long-term use as your child grows.
It’s important to consider the portability of your baby’s bouncer because it is easy for them to become quickly attached.
Therefore, if it’s not easy to carry around, this will increase your child’s discomfort and irritability when you are not at home.
- Ergonomic comfort
This is the a very essential aspect of the bouncer you select for your little one.
The reason is that the support the infant bouncer chair offers to your baby will affect the development of your child’s spinal column, as well as other body systems.
Thus, your young one should be comfortably seated so that it supports the back, head, and neck.
It should also not restrict any arm or leg movements.
Kids can get real messy! This is why every once in a while, the need to launder the baby bouncer seat cover will arise.
The material will have to be easily machine washable and dried so as to keep your kid’s play or sleep area clean.
- Price and affordability
There are various bouncers on the market at different prices. Selecting the right one can be quite challenging.
The main reason is that the bouncer will only be in use in the early stages of your child’s development.
It becomes necessary to go for the option that will give you optimum efficiency in its use and at the same time, not significantly dent your finances.
Features of a Baby Bouncer
The frame of a good baby bouncer needs to be durable, lightweight, and flexible.
This helps to promote the product’s durability and portability.
It should feature a wide, sturdy base that increases stability and ensures the bouncer does not tip over while your little one is settled in it.
- Reclining seat
A bouncy seat with several reclining positions will increase the scope of the bouncer’s applications, as well as the age grouping that can use it.
In a flat position, your child can sleep on it, while in the moderately upright and vertical position; it can be utilized for playing and feeding respectively.
Therefore, the seat will influence the versatility of the baby bouncer.
- Seat padding
This feature determines your kid’s comfort and range of motion.
The padding should not be too thick to restrict the range of motion. Still, it shouldn’t also be too thin to bring about discomfort caused by the seat’s inability to fit your child snugly.
It’s your responsibility as the parent to make sure that the material the fabric is made of will not cause irritations to your toddler’s skin.
- Head and neck support
This is an important feature, especially when considering newborns.
The bouncer for newborns should have a head support and bolster cushion that will help keep your infant’s neck comfortable.
This is because the neck muscles in infants are not fully developed to support their heads on their own.
This is why the ideal baby bouncer will offer head support in the form of a small contoured pillow where your baby’s head is supposed to rest.
- Safety harness
Most bouncers have a 3-point harness to keep your child securely on the seat.
However, the ideal toddler bouncer chair will have a 5-point safety harness that will keep your child much more securely fastened while bouncing.
You will also have to confirm the harness’ operational efficiency under pressure.
This ensures that it will not buckle during bouncing and cause injury to your young one.
- Removable seat cover
The reason for this is to give you an easier time when cleaning, or changing the covers.
There are some covers fabricated from easy-to-wipe materials that are much more manageable.
- Additional features
These supplementary qualities may include the toy bar, canopy, as well as the music and vibration unit.
Contemporary baby bouncers contain all these elements so as to increase your baby’s engagement and overall experience during the session.
The canopy is a useful addition as it will increase the accessories portability by allowing you to use it near windows, or outdoors.
The toy bar and music unit keep your baby occupied for longer, while their vibration system will help in lulling your baby to sleep.
Using a Baby Bouncer
With the development of advanced baby bouncer systems, it is mandatory to take note of how to use these accessories, alongside other safety and precautionary measures.
When it comes to baby bouncers, the most fundamental safety elements to consider include:
- Age of your baby
Baby bouncers are designed for children who are seven months and below.
This is the ideal age, but it is important to note that this is heavily reliant on other factors such as the weight, growth, and development.
This is because developmental milestones are achieved at different ages by different babies.
Nonetheless, most infants can sit up on their own when they are between 5 to 7 months.
It’s therefore recommended that once your child is able to do this, you discontinue the use of a toddler bouncer.
The most typical bouncer baby weight limit lies between 5 to 8 kg.
However, there are also those designed for larger infants with a limit of not more than 11kg.
Once your child has surpassed this limit, it will be unsafe to use the bouncer because it is more likely to topple from the excessive weight during bouncing.
If your baby is below the weight limit, then there is an increased chance that the bouncing mechanism will not work properly.
- Premature babies
Because premature children are born smaller than normal babies, there is a higher probability of them not being comfortable in the bouncy chair.
It is also crucial to note that premature babies need more support for their backs, necks, and tummy.
For this reason, using a bouncer on your prematurely-born baby is not advisable.
If you have to, its wise to consult with your pediatrician beforehand.
- Controlled use
Most parents may fall into the temptation of overusing the baby bouncer so as to get more things done around the house.
This is not a advisable because it can hinder the growth and development of your child.
By keeping your newborn in a reclined position for extended periods, you are prohibiting them from taking part in other playful activities that are necessary for the advancement of their bodily systems.
- Seat recline
The full-recline position is the best position for your newborn baby when the bouncer’s use is regulated.
This is because, in the upright position, they will not be able to support their heads adequately, while in the semi-reclined setting; the risk of suffocation is high, due to the blocking of your baby’s airways.
Types of Baby Bouncers
Baby bouncers are classified in terms of the complexity of design, or if they have been combined with other baby care accessories. The main types of baby bouncers include the following:
A basic baby bouncer
The purpose of such bouncers is just to allow your baby to bounce while expending the least amount of effort.
It features a simplistic design that has no extra features such as bells, toy bars, or whistles.
While settled in the bouncer, the most your baby can do is to move their arms and legs.
This is an excellent alternative for parents who do not want their babies to be overstimulated.
The minimalistic design enhances the baby bouncer’s portability because there is no additional weight from the auxiliary features.
Baby activity bouncer
This type focuses on additional activities that your baby can engage in while on the bouncer.
It is a very useful tool for your baby because it diverts their attention onto something else once they get tired of bouncing.
Baby activity bouncers are usually packed with features such as toy bars, music systems, and vibrating seats.
Although it will keep your baby occupied for longer, the weight of the additions is detrimental to the portability of the bouncer.
These bouncers are mostly a consolidation of baby bouncers and other devices such as walkers, swings, and rockers.
A baby rocker can be enhanced to create the best baby rocker chair that is described as a baby bouncer that is readily convertible into a rocker.
This variation in movement patterns allows you to use it for a longer period.
The reason is that rockers offer a more intense motion that is suited for growing toddlers, while bouncers are more gentle and adequate for infants.
A good baby bouncer walker is used to strengthen the developing leg muscles of your baby because it offers a mix of both walking support and bouncing capabilities.
A swing for baby care is a tool that is used to promote sleep in distressed children.
The best baby swing will enable you to gently swing your baby back and forth while maintaining the highest standards of safety.
A baby bouncer swing is, therefore, a combination of the most dominant features of both a bouncer and a baby swing.
A good infant bouncer swing comprises a detachable bouncer seat that can be placed into the frame of a swing.
This effectively converts it into a baby swing.
By following the above guidelines, you will be able to select a baby bouncer that will be the perfect fit for your baby.